After the descent to San Vicente de Arana, to follow the road to Santa Cruz is a very easy and quick option. There are parts where you can go by paths parallel to the road. At the crossroads at the entry to Santa Cruz we could follow the bike path to bathe in the river pools (2 km from this point). On leaving Santa Cruz and as far as Genevilla we take the Senda de la Torca, a dirt road well marked in red and white and sometimes with white-yellow as well. We can find accommodation in the village of Orbiso. It is not on our route, but it is not far off it (about 5 km from San Vicente and about 3 km from Santa Cruz).
SAN VICENTE DE ARANA: A small village. One can find a bar/restaurant.
SANTA CRUZ DE CAMPEZO: Center of a district which includes 5 different villages. The Campezo region was already inhabited in the year 18 B.C by the Várdulos tribe. In 823 the Arab general Abd-Al-Karín Campezo swept through the valley, destroying villages and burning crops. The valley was rebuilt during the reign of Alfonso VI of Castile. In the twelfth century the town was a fortress and was walled in. Because of its strategic location, the town was hotly contested by the kingdoms of Navarre and Castile. It was under the crown of Navarre until 1200, when it was conquered by Alfonso VII for the kingdom of Castile. In 1368 it was returned to Navarre, but in 1377 it taken for Castile. Some remains of the fortifications are found in the main square, but they were completely demolished in the Carlist wars (19 c.). The church of the Assumption of Our Lady is an Euskadi Historical Monument. Although the temple is Gothic (17 c.), its first construction dates back to the 13 c. The front door is from the 16 c. and on the capitals of its columns we see reliefs of St. John and the Virgin Mary at the burial of Jesus. The church choir is Gothic Renaissance from the 16 c. We can find restaurants, a supermarket, a bank and a health center.
GENEVILLA: A small town, but with a beautiful church dedicated to Saint Stephen. It was built in the 12th c. and modified in the 16th c, with architectural elements of the Gothic-Renaissance style. The interior has a magnificent altarpiece considered one of the two best altarpieces of Navarra in its style. In Genevilla we can enjoy delicious white beans, a typical dish of this town, prepared by local people in the traditional way.